Concrete Polishing Services in Houston & Surrounding
Polished concreted is a great solution to flooring areas that require important characteristics such as:
- Slip Resistance Profile for OSHA compliance
- Sealed Surface for Stain Prevention
- Enhance Ambient Lighting with Reflective Floors (reduction in energy costs)
- Cost Savings Solution – Lower Maintenance Costs (stain resistant and easy to clean)
Polished concrete floors as used in many locations such as:
- Large warehouses and warehouse outlets
- Retail stores
- Hotels and Restaurants
- Office Buildings
- Distribution and Packing Centers
Transformation of a classroom. Complete remove of vinyl flooring, floor surface preparation with commercial grinders, vacuums, and polished to shine. Call 832-240-1314 for a free quote, or fill out our contact form!
Advantages of Polished Concrete
The use of polished concrete over ordinary unpolished concrete is more than just a design choice, some of the advantages polished concrete has over its less lustrous peer includes:
- No delay between installation and use. Unlike in unpolished concrete installation where there has to be a delay period after installation to prevent harm from hazardous waste, plants with mechanically polished concrete can often begin work immediately after it has been installed.
- Eradication of efflorescence. Efflorescence refers to the process by which small pieces of dust are forced off unpolished concrete by means of hydrostatic pressures, and which ultimately causes dusting which in turn pushes the epoxies off the surface of concrete floors. Efflorescence is more common in unpolished concrete, and can be a significant recurrent expenditure.
- Minimizes tire wear and tear. As you probably already know, the surface of unpolished concrete floors is significantly rougher than polished floors. This leads to friction between the tire surfaces and the floor, leading to abrasion of the tires and the need for frequent replacement.
- Prevents stains. Polished concrete floors have a sealed surface that actively resists staining, repelling oil and dirt and preventing them from spoiling the beauty of your floors.
- Conditioning for older floors. The use of mechanical polishing in concrete floors serves to push down and tighten the layer of abraded conflict and strengthen it in order to give it a new life.
- Better ambient lighting. Polished surfaces are more reflective, and help reduce the need for extra light sources in the facility, with a consequent reduction in costs associated with power.
- LEED-friendly floors. The use of polished concrete helps remove the need for extraneous covering materials, prevents the use of materials which may be harmful to the environment and avoids the use of any VOC’s, making it ideal for any USBG LEED project.
- Better Slip Resistance. Contrary to popular belief, polished concrete floors are in no way more slippery than their unpolished peer. As a matter of fact, according to the OSHA, polished concrete floors typically exceed OSHA standards for floors (ASTM C 1028), and have a higher coefficient of friction than unpolished concrete.
- Lower costs. The use of polished concrete leads to savings in lighting, energy and maintenance, making it the better choice for the financially savvy owner. It also requires significantly less maintenance costs to keep up its pristine appearance, as its both stain resistance and easier to clean.